VMware Cloud Community
Mr_Gimper
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 4 / vCentre 4 - Missing Health Status

Hi gang,

I have an ML115 running ESXi 4... also have vCentre 4. If I connect direct to the ESXi host from vSphere client, there is an option for Health Status under Configuration. If I connect to vCentre and go to configuration of the ESXi host, there is no Health Status option.

Is this normal ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cs_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, same problem here. I'm using a HP Proliant DL380 G6 with embedded SD card. Installed with HP's version of ESXi 4.0, which includes all the HP agents.

What's going on here? We need to see our hardware status via vCenter. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Ir's normal.

In vCenter there is a specific tab for heat status.

Or you have to connected directly to ESX/ESXi to see under Configuration tab.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Veridy that the CIm providers are actually running on the Hosts. sfcbd-watchdog

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
jidhin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can see health status via vSphere Client->configuration->Health status...

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
cs_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK I fixed my problem.

I had stopped the "VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices" service on the Virtual Centre server. Basically to conserve the RAM (tomcat.exe uses lots of memory!).

I restarted this service, along with the main "VMware VirtualCenter Server" service, and hey presto, I now have a "HARDWARE STATUS" tab within Virtual Centre.

The tab looks like an embedded web page. This is different to the view shown when you connect the vSphere client directly to the host. Then you see "HEALTH STATUS" listed under the CONFIGURATION tab. This seems to be GUI-based rather than web page based.

0 Kudos