VMware Cloud Community
RedBike
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 4 Installation Hangs

Hi,

I am trying to install ESXi 4 on an HP DL380 G6, from a downloaded .iso from the VMWare site. When the installation gets to 'loading ipmi_si_drv', it hangs. I have read the previous posts about the 1hr 10 min wait, and I am still waiting (50mins).

The build version is 171294, the server has 2 Intel Xeon CPUs and standard network card config.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards

RedBike

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would make sure you have the latest HP firmware. Download the Firmware CD from the HP website under windows downloads.

Get the HP version of ESXi 4 from the HP website.

There is an ILO firmware listed under ESXi 4 on the dl380 G6 page. I don't think it is different from the one on the firmware CD but check it out. ILO is the ipmi

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mouradb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Check this http://communities.vmware.com/thread/177638 and it might help you

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would make sure you have the latest HP firmware. Download the Firmware CD from the HP website under windows downloads.

Get the HP version of ESXi 4 from the HP website.

There is an ILO firmware listed under ESXi 4 on the dl380 G6 page. I don't think it is different from the one on the firmware CD but check it out. ILO is the ipmi

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos