VMware Cloud Community
orudie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 4.1u1 Ubuntu Error: No Such Disk

Greetings.

After updating ESXi host from 4.0 to 4.1u1 i'm getting the following error while watching VM with ubuntu 10.04 boot in console:

Error: No Such Disk

followed by:

fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2

fsck from util-linux-ng 2.17.2

udevd[341] BUS= will be removed in a future udev versions, please use SUBSYSTEM=v/rules/d/99-vmware-iscsi-udev.rules:12

I took screen shots and attached here.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chrisbair
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem too, found the solution:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1674759

"enabling Paravirtualization in the VM's setting (under the 'Options' tab) did the trick for me. I don't know if this has always been disabled or the upgrade to VMWare  4.10 disables it, which is quite likely given that the information on  the properties page for this setting tells us that the next version of  VMWare won't have paravirtualization and my Ubuntu VM used to work  before our VMWare infrastructure was upgraded to 4.10."

"I've found another work around that works for me: In the vSphere manager, shutdown the virtual machine and edit it  settings: go to the Options tab, and select "CPU/MMU Virtualization".  There, change the selected option from "Automatic" (the first) to "Use  Intel VT-x/AMD-V for instruction set virtualization and software for MMU  virtualization" (the third). After that, I can boot with any 2.6.32-3x kernel."

0 Kudos