VMware Cloud Community
jevans011
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4.1 update 2

We are running ESXi 4.1 update 1 right now on 3 hosts. We have been thinking of running the Update 2 or just going ahead and upgrading to ESXi 5.0. Are there any major benefits of upgrading from update 1 to update 2? Or should we just go ahead and upgrade to 5.0?

Also, the other thought was to just leave it alone for right now since everything is working just fine. Are there any substantial benefits to upgrading to either one.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - I would go to vSphere 5 - there are significant enhancements to performance between 4 and 5 - here is a link to the UPgrade Guide - http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-50-upgrade... - it guides you through the upgrade process -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
thealco
Contributor
Contributor

I am not opposing moving to 5, however, all things considered what are your actual benefits to move? I would consider business impact and whether feratures are necessary before moving and possibly causing downtime. But that's just cautious me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos