VMware Cloud Community
kiranchavan30
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi 4.1 hosts keep disconnecting from vCenter server 5.0

Hi All,

I have vCenter Server 5.0 and when I'm adding my ESXi 4.1 hosts in this vCenter server after every few seconds these hosts are showing as disconnected mode. I have checked all the configuration , even have made the host file entries as well but still issue persists.

Can somone help me to get this issue resolved.

Regards,

KC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

You need rechek some configurations:

- IP Adrress

- GW

- DNS (check if record of hostname its ok in DNS Server With FQDN)

- Firewall

- Restart services of host vmware

All it´s ok ?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
krishna_v78
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

As there is no much info posted on this issue, pl refer similar error KB artible for your reference.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100340...

Pl let forum know the status.

0 Kudos
hypnoticautopsy
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the same issue.  My host disconnects after serveral seconds, I've tried about everything that I could think of in addition to checking and double checking the suggestions on this site..eg. adding time to the heartbeat tollerance, checking the DNS, ports, IP, and network.  So far nothing has worked for me... does anyone have something else that could be checked or suggestions for fixing this?

0 Kudos
hypnoticautopsy
Contributor
Contributor

**Update**

I had this issue and entered into a ridiculous google search looking for answeres... nothing I found worked, untill I stumbled upon a non-vmware site which resolved my issue.  So, if you are having this same issue with your hosts disconnecting, and you have already double checked your network, DNS, and host configs... and it still doesn't work, then check your hosts log files for:

Error in sending request - Operation timed out

Failed to discover version: vim.fault.HttpFault

Could not resolve version for authenticating to host agent

Creating temporary connect spec: localhost:443

If you see all or some of the errors above kindly run this command on your host:

esxcfg-rescan vmhba32

There is no need to do any rebooting, or restarting agents, simply run the aforementioned command, then go to your vcenter server and restart the vcenter service.   You may not even need to do that, I restarted the service just because...BOOM!! done!!! problem gone, fixed, and I'm outta here....Smiley Happy

0 Kudos