VMware Cloud Community
ambermeh
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4.1 hardware status unknown

Hello Everyone!!!

I'm trying to monitor ESXi host's hardware through script and it works fine but my few hosts are showing unknown hardware status and script unable to get information.

Server: HP DL360

Installed : VMware ESXi 4.1

Please advice if you come accross same problem.

Best Regards

Amber

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LuigiC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What does the script do ?  Sample output ? Which line is giving us the output ? If your executring it from remote does it have the same problem when run locally ? have you tried adding set -x to the script or executing with sh -x ?

0 Kudos
ambermeh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Script is good because it works fine with other Hp Esxi hosts, we have issue with ESXi hardware status which is showing unknown

Thanks

Amber

0 Kudos
LuigiC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not saying the script is broken but you need to know which line is failing to get and idea of what it is running that is not getting the desired affect. You need to know what to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
ambermeh
Contributor
Contributor

Its failing on power supply checks as my esxi host also shows that power supply status is unknown .

0 Kudos
iw123
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Are you using the HP image of ESXi on the host you are having the problems with, or have you installed the offline bundle for the CIM agents? I think you will need to have done one of those to retrieve accurate hardware information.

Thanks,

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
ambermeh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm using ./check_esxi_hardway.py script and i download pywbem module to execute scripts, I have issue with esxi host which is showing

senso unknown status on configuration tab.

Thanks

0 Kudos
iw123
Commander
Commander

Are the CIM providers installed on the ESXi server? http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/software/vmware-esxi/offline_bundle.html

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos