VMware Cloud Community
warnox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESXi 4.1.0 PSOD

Hi all,

I got the attached PSOD on an HP ML350 G6 earlier this morning, server specs below. I cannot find any information on this particular error so decided to try my luck here. Must add that I've never trobuleshooted an ESX SOD before although done plenty in Windows Smiley Happy

8 CPUs x 2.399 GHz

24GB RAM

4 VM's currently running

1 has 4x vCPUs

2 have 2x vCPU

1 has 1x vCPU

The one referenced in the PSOD (Rolan) has 2x vCPUs.

If you need any more information please let me know. The server is up and running now, this is the 2nd time it's crashed but only the first I've got a look at the PSOD via ILO.

Thanks for any help,

Gregor

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
staticRavi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its worth running a hardware diags on the host as the PSOD include this message " Recursive panic on same CPU". It could be because of a faulty hardware and its worth checking the IML log from iLO.

-Ravi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

see if http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1020181 helps

I would also ensure all firmware, including the BIOS is up to date.

0 Kudos
warnox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Troy,

I saw that link but it relates to a different error, not 'world 9703'.

Yes, I figured the next logical step is to install any firmware updates etc but wanted to know if there might be an ESX patch which could solve the problem.

0 Kudos
staticRavi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its worth running a hardware diags on the host as the PSOD include this message " Recursive panic on same CPU". It could be because of a faulty hardware and its worth checking the IML log from iLO.

-Ravi

0 Kudos
warnox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The IML doesn't show any hardware failures.

That is fine, I will have to run the HP diagnostic CD's and update the firmware. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
warnox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The issue was related to a faulty CPU which was replaced under warranty.

0 Kudos