Our ESXi 4.0 froze last night around 1 AM (GMT -3). Unfortunately the server was rebooted this morning by another person from the IT staff who did not take time to analyze the LEDs of the server or diagnose the situation any further. So far the only relevant piece of information we have is ESX's messages log (which is copied below):
Last log entry is from Apr 25 04:47:56. System restarted at Apr 25 12:03:47.
- guests stopped responding to ping
Other symptons are not available since it was manually power cycled by someone from the IT staff who did not conduct other diagnostics.
- VMware ESXi 4.0.0 build-261974
- Guest #1: CentOS 5.5 32 bit (2 GB RAM)
- Guest #2: pfSense 2.0.1 (128 MB RAM)
- Dell PowerEdge T110
- 8 GB RAM
- 2x250 GB SATA disks in RAID 1
- SAS 6iR Controller
- Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port
We are still waiting to shutdown the server again and check ESM logs, but until there we would like some insight on ESX's messages log file provided above.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.