VMware Cloud Community
VirtualSingh
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4.0 Crash

One of my customer site, our ESXi server got crashed and genrate this error. Please the attached file.

I would like to know if anyone encounter this error and have any suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks

Gary Singh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Most often PSODs are a result of hardware issues.

Get hold of your a hardwrae diagnostic disk form your vedor and see if you can track it down.

I assume that you have confirmed that all your hardware is on the HCL for ESX?

Also, have you recenetly made anychanges to your envvironment?

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

could you boot into hardware diagnostic tools (like in bios), to do a full hardware check? it's more towards hardware problem.

0 Kudos
VirtualSingh
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 identical servers running at other site and have no issue. Although after rebooting the server it is up and running BUT I am concern if this happen again.

Any thoughts

0 Kudos
VirtualSingh
Contributor
Contributor

I can try through ILO...Is there any log file I can dig into?

0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

If the servers on the other sites are OK then it is almost 100% that you have a hardware issue.

it could be as simple as needing to reseat the Memory in the box (if you can get an outage . . do it!)

get hold of hardware diagnostic boot disk from your Hardware provider and run a full diagnsotic to make sure - but while you have the downtime also open the server and make sure that all components are seated properly.

like I said before - 99% of PSODs that I have had before have been hardware related.

good luck

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos