VMware Cloud Community
enableit
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 4.0.0 Build 261974 - Network Connectivity issues

Hello all,

I am having an issue with 3 Guests (all Windows Server 2008 R2, only 2 have VM Ware tools installed) constantly losing network connectivity.

I have been searching for an answer to this issue for days now and have tried some steps provided in a few other discussions but still having the same issue.

Attached is a screen shot of my network config on the host.

The host is connected to a Sonic Wall 1260, port security is turned off and both ports that the host is connected to are set to Auto Negotiate and are showing as 100mbps Full.

I have recently patched and upgraded the Host using the Host Update utility and the esxupdate utilities.

And now im lost....Any help would be greatly appreciated at this time.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ericdaly
Contributor
Contributor

As a test take the sonic out of the equation for a while and plug a laptop into the switch your vmware hosts are plugged into (just 3 devices). See if the pings drop then., This will confirm if Sonicwall is causing the issue.

1) Is the Sonic giving out DHCP? If so ensure the IP address of your servers are not in the DHCP Pool (IP Conflict)

2) Have you updated Sonic to latest Firmware

0 Kudos
enableit
Contributor
Contributor

OK so this has been resolved.

I was going through another thread and discovered the issue, however i dont understand why!

I found this thread http://communities.vmware.com/message/1528109#1528109 and shut down my vm's, disconnected the CD Rom at startup and the issue appears to be fixed. I have had my vm's up for about 15 minutes without locking up or losing any pings (generally this would happen every 3-5 minutes before hand).

Thanks everyone for your help!

0 Kudos