VMware Cloud Community
TheCloser
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI version 7. web access error 503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint

One of the ESXI servers disconnected from Vcenter and will not reconnect. when i try connecting with the web browser directly to the esxi host i get the following error 503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x00000030ce1098d0] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _port = 8309)

I can connect with ssh and restarted all the services but no joy. i found a few articles suggesting removing lines in the endpoint.conf but the lines to remove do not exist on the endpoint.conf file. 

The veeam backup server also cannot connect so backups are also failing on this esxi server, 

Any help would be great. It is a high use server and rebooting is my last option i want to try.  TY Thecloser

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
The basic thing is always to reboot the ESXi host for connection errors, but it doesn't always help.
If you have another ESXi with version 7 it might help you to install this new tool.

VMware Skyline Health Diagnostic Tool

https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2020/09/introducing-vmware-skyline-health-diagnostic-tool.html

it is also worth checking the STS certificates, attached link

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/79248

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
TheCloser
Contributor
Contributor

I did install Skyline, The report shows that i need to install some updates and patches but did not tell me what is causing the connection issue. Skyline could not connect to this esxi host thru the vcenter so it connected using ssh. It was able to connect to the other esxi host thru the vcenter I cannot reboot this server until the weekend . I have put in a support request with VMWare am i hope they can fix it without rebooting, 

I checked the STS and it was ok. Thank you for your assistance.  MM

0 Kudos