VMware Cloud Community
Jon_Howitt
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI disconnect for approx 30 seconds

I have an HPC7k connected on flex10-1 and 2 to the OAM network for both the chassis and VM's but in seperate VLANS connected to the X1 port on both. during a failover test whereby flex10-2 x1 is disabled then re-instated, followed by flex-10 1 x1 disabled and re-instated post reconnection of the 2nd physical i get a 30 second outage which I can see in the ESXI log but nothing on the VC logs.

the management VLANS are both using the same vswitch and an act-ve-standby vnic configuration. the connection is fine during normal operation but has a 30 second disconnect when this double fail scenario occurs. any ideas on how I can progress this further.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoaoCastro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Your Esxi and vcenter are in same subnet ? If are on different subnet do you have a firewall between this network?

Regards,

Joao castro

0 Kudos
Jon_Howitt
Contributor
Contributor

The vcentre is in the same subnet. The disconnect is not from vcentre but the vnic shows a fail in the vmkernel log which results in a 30 second loss of connectivity from the network not vcentre,  from Console if i run a ping to the next hop i see a 30 second no response after the following process has taken place.

1. disable Flex2-x1 port

2. re-enable flex2-x1 port

3. disable flex1-x1 port

4. re-enable flex1-x1 port

there is no firewall between the VM and next hop

0 Kudos