VMware Cloud Community
hcxypku1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI can't recognize the array of traditional PC

hi all:

I experiment with the traditional PC machine, the motherboard is ASUS's Z68 series, the use of the motherboard comes with the RAID function to do the array, ESXI6.0 can not identify, there is a way?

thanks  a  lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JarryG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Of course, it can not recognize this "array", because ESXi does NOT support software-/fake-/bios-/pseudo-raid (that's the "raid" you have on your motherboard). Only true hardware raid controllers...

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kisan_VMware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

Check proper raid firmware & driver installed, is this come with raid card. Also check if this recognize with another OS Version.

JarryG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Of course, it can not recognize this "array", because ESXi does NOT support software-/fake-/bios-/pseudo-raid (that's the "raid" you have on your motherboard). Only true hardware raid controllers...

_____________________________________________ If you found my answer useful please do *not* mark it as "correct" or "helpful". It is hard to pretend being noob with all those points! 😉
0 Kudos
hcxypku1985
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much! I would like to ask, from this website, http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/search.php, how do I check the hardware RAID card with ESXI compatibility.

0 Kudos