VMware Cloud Community
SNY93
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI NFS41 Datastore Remove

Hi Guys,

I died some Test on NFSv41 and now I am unable to Remove the Datastores from the ESX. From vCenter Site all is fine, no Datastore is visible but on ESX Side they still present.

I tried a lot of things but nothing helped for me:

esxcli storage nfs41 list
Volume Name Host(s) Share Accessible Mounted Read-Only Security isPE Hardware Acceleration
-------------- ----------------------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- ----- ---------------------
Test_Flexgroup 10.10.6.100,10.10.6.101 /Data false false false AUTH_SYS false Unknown
Flexgroup Flexgroup /Data false true false AUTH_SYS false Unknown
esxcli storage nfs41 remove -v Flexgroup

###This Command is Stucking and nothing happens, maybe someone has any Idea to delete the NFS Datastores..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SNY93
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

Unmount NFS datastore failed!

The object 'vim.Datastore:ds:///vmfs/volumes/0cba5ec3-a406f773/' has already been deleted or has not been completely created

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

are you able to remount data store ?

Did you try by root of ESXI ui console

Did you try restart services on host ( services.sh restart)

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
SNY93
Contributor
Contributor

After shutting down the NFS Server and twice reboot of the ESX Host, I was able to delete the Datastores over ESXCLI. I think there is a Database Record of the Datastore left in the vCenter DB.

0 Kudos
SNY93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @RajeevVCP4,

I deleted now the VPX Records of the Datastore in the Database, but after some Minutes it comes back in the vCenter Gui.

If I look at ESX Host there is no Datastore mounted. Do you have another Idea to delete the Datastore entry in the vCenter?

Thank you

0 Kudos