VMware Cloud Community
tfletcher13
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 8 Connection Issues (ticketType)

For some reason whenever I try to connect to an ESXI 8 instance, I always receive the error message in my vmfusion client (12.2.5).

"Unable to connect to the MKS: A specified parameter was not correct: ticketType".

I have searched high and low and I cannot seem to find anyone else that has experienced this issue.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mannharry
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello ,

Can you check if the client being used is of the latest version?

If no, please either update or reinstall it again.

Regards

Harry

0 Kudos
tfletcher13
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently running version 12.2.5 and I have tried to reinstall. When attempting to update, it will tell me to upgrade to 13. I have a colleague who has the same version and he does not experience the issue. I have had the issue when I connect to an ESXI instance he controls and my very own. Not too sure what could be going on unless its some type of client configuration options I can update and/or change to fix it.

0 Kudos
tfletcher13
Contributor
Contributor

So I finally was able to update my fusion client to 13 and the issue still persist. On my personal macbook, I have Fusion 13 and it is fine. But on my work computer when I try to connect it gives the error. I received the same error on my work computer as well when using Fusion 12. So it must be some type of client configuration options I am unaware of. I have not made any changes or altered the files at all. I tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling. Unless there is a particular way to completely remove the application and the configuration files when uninstalling.

0 Kudos
denverco
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this error after upgrading to ESXi 8.  Did you ever find a resolution?  I've updated my Remote Console and still no go.

0 Kudos
denverco
Contributor
Contributor

In case you haven't figured it out yet, this worked perfectly.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Converter-Standalone-Discussions/Can-t-convert-linux-machine-FAILE...

Add this to the ESXi8 hostd settings.

{
   "plugins": {
      "vmsvc": {
         "allow_authd_ticket": true
      }
   }
}

0 Kudos
tfletcher13
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for posting this, I will definitely give it a try. I had found a workaround and thought I was the only one experiencing the issue.

EDIT: I gave it a spin and it actually worked! Thank you so much for seeing this post and showing me the solution. I really tried searching but I guess my google foo skills failed me this time lol. Thanks again!

0 Kudos