VMware Cloud Community
Deluxe_Edition
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 7.0 Windows 10 VMRC microphone sound issues

Hello everybody,

I'm rather new to ESXI or server administration in general, but in our small software development company we somewhat recently required a VM server and since then I've been winging a self-build Ryzen 9 3950x ESXI server to run remote PC VMs from. So far, it's been nothing but fun learning experiences for me. So, please keep in mind I don't entirely know what I'm doing.

I'm trying to set up a proper remote station for a colleague who remotes to the VM over VMRC, and after having enabled the sound card in the configuration, the Windows 10 vm can output sound no problem, and also shows an input device in the form of "Microphone (High Definition Audio Device". However, the VM does not seem to be taking Audio input no matter what I try. This problem is reproducable on my other VMs. I'm using the "HD audio" sound card.

Any ideas on what I can try? 

Thanks

Labels (6)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Deluxe_Edition 

Open a session to the Windows OS via RDP instead, and enable audio redirection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Deluxe_Edition
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott, thanks for the quick response

I was hoping to do it through VMRC instead, as then they'd only require one interface to control the VM and the OS. Is there any support for microphone throughput in VMRC?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Deluxe_Edition 

No, a VM console is a silent place...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos