VMware Cloud Community
hernanbozzano
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI 7.0: Independent Non-Persistent, changes dont remain after reboot

Hi everyone! As title says, i have been testing the independen non-persistent mode on my Vmware ESXi 7.0 home lab on the last days, if i power off the guest OS (in this case, a windows10 virtual machine) the changes are discarded, HOWEVER, i have read that if i reboot the guest OS through the restart button inside the vm, the changes will remain after boot.. but they dont remain, they dissapear exactly as if i power off and then power on the vm...

i have checked some things before doing this post but i couldnt find the fix... i was wondering if anyone can help me, there must be something that i am missing!

thanks in advance,

Hernan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The latest patch for version 7.0 is older than the latest one for ESXi 6.7. So let's wait for the next ESXi 7.0 patch to see whether it will be resolved in that version too.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved in the current ESXi 6.7 patch (see Patch Release ESXi670-202201001), so I think that it will be fixed in other versions soon too.

André

0 Kudos
hernanbozzano
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you for your reponse! 

as i said, i have a ESXi 7.0 system (updated several times from older versions), i dont understand why this is still hapenning, should have been fixed according to my ESXi version..  maybe i should manually patch my system?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The latest patch for version 7.0 is older than the latest one for ESXi 6.7. So let's wait for the next ESXi 7.0 patch to see whether it will be resolved in that version too.

André

0 Kudos