VMware Cloud Community
Esandwell
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 7.0 Export OVF .nvram not found

When I go to export my VM I initially exported without nvram because it wasn't selected by default, when I tried to deploy the VM, it said I was missing the nvram and vmdk even tho the vmdk was selected with the ovf. I tried to export the OVF with the nvram selected and it opens a new tab that just says "not found" and the other files download fine but the task hangs at 50%.

I looked through the logs and there was nothing about the nvram file or anything similar. I am kinda lost at what to do.

I tried looking through the documentation and it was very unclear and more of a marketing pitch lol, if someone has a link to documentation and troubleshooting steps that would be awesome.

I would post pictures of the errors but its just a blank webpage saying "not found" and the task doesn't fail so there no relevant error output.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 4.58.11 PM.png

This is the error on ESXI 6.7 environment im trying to deploy it to, I select the OVF, VMDK, and MF file when I do the upload and it thinks I dont have the VMDK?? when I do the export with NVRAM selected, i dont get the MF file.

Side Note: is .nvram required when deploying a OVF template?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esandwell
Contributor
Contributor

So I dug into the Datastore and found the nvram file and was able to download it... I guess the GUI is just broken or something.

Either way, now when I go to deploy the template and I select all 4 files, it says im missing the vmdk and nvram file, even tho the names are correct, and they definitely exist

0 Kudos