VMware Cloud Community
johngebrial
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 6 VMs Crashed

hello ,

i have ESXI 6 onto 2 hosts , suddenly appeared on this 2 host  Errors and when i look into the event i found this "Guest Operating System has Crashed"

just 2 Vms Crashed but other VMs is working good

i will attach the log if any one can help me

0 Kudos
8 Replies
malickware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do not see any zdump created for this crash and as this a windows Vm do you configured minidump inside the guest OS.

The VM is reporting that the VMware tools services has been restarted inside the guest and this has been done by the OS itself.

2019-03-18T11:08:42.351Z| vmx| I120: Vix: [13789130 mainDispatch.c:4210]: VMAutomationReportPowerStateChange: Reporting power state change (opcode=2, err=0).

2019-03-18T12:17:03.880Z| vmx| I120: Vix: [13789130 mainDispatch.c:4210]: VMAutomationReportPowerStateChange: Reporting power state change (opcode=2, err=0).

Please upload the vmware.log of the other VM as well to see any correlation.

0 Kudos
johngebrial
Contributor
Contributor

i did not configured minidump inside the guest OS.

and I thought that maybe vmware tools did some problems so i uninstall it from Guest OS , so i will attach a log for VM did not crashed before and also will send print screen of host event

0 Kudos
malickware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The vmware.log of a non-impact VM will not help as we need to verify this from the guest OS side as well.

0 Kudos
johngebrial
Contributor
Contributor

so do you need  minidump from Guest OS

0 Kudos
johngebrial
Contributor
Contributor

this is  minidump and memorydump for  oine of 2 vms crashed

0 Kudos
johngebrial
Contributor
Contributor

when i download tool for minidump log

i found the error in ntoskrnl.exe

so how can i fix this

0 Kudos
malickware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check any corrupt files inside the guest by running a windows repair or chkdsk

0 Kudos
johngebrial
Contributor
Contributor

actually i replaced all OS from win 2012r2 to win 2016

and the problem still happens , this problem happens only with Active Directory VMs and all other OS version like Linux all kernels is working normally

0 Kudos