VMware Cloud Community
siegfriedLH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI 6, HP ISO or VMware ISO?

Hello,

I'm running vCenter 6 with 3 esxi 5.5 UP2 hosts on HP BL 460c Gen8.

I'de like to migrate my hosts, wich iso is the best?

Is ESXi 6 stable enough now?

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

wich iso is the best?

HP has injected more no of management tools in Vanilla ESXi ISO. It will make sure that you will have more control than Vanilla ESXi ISO.

IMO, N-1 is always Best. But, If you really want to enjoy the features added in 6, Forget about its stability. Go for it (6).

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

wich iso is the best?

HP has injected more no of management tools in Vanilla ESXi ISO. It will make sure that you will have more control than Vanilla ESXi ISO.

IMO, N-1 is always Best. But, If you really want to enjoy the features added in 6, Forget about its stability. Go for it (6).

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
siegfriedLH
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Smiley Wink

I'll wait for esxi 6, and i will test with vanilla ISO (HP bundle tools made me creazy last year).

0 Kudos
cykVM
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Read through this VMWare 6 forum and see which issues you may expect. I think there were a few people in here with HP blades testing version 6 and facing some strange issues on or after upgrade.