VMware Cloud Community
rpiedallu
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 6.7u3 custom HPE licence

Hello!

For some compatibilty reasons I had to install the 6.7u3 ESXI of HPE custom images, but I'm not able to find a way to get the free licence on the VMware website since I'm redirected to ESXI 7 page...

I installed this image : https://customerconnect.vmware.com/fr/downloads/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI67U3-HPE&productId=742

Where could I find the licence (before my no-licenced-hypervisor expires ^^') for the HPE image? (And yes I tried a ESXI 7 licence...)

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don’t think VMware are giving out free 6.x licenses since those versions are no longer supported.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
acpzehetal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess that you have to contact VMware for a free 6.x license directly, because the delivery over the customerconnect Portal only provides the newest license version or at least a license for a current version. VSphere 6.x isn´t current anymore.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SJee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I unfortunately had to reinstall my ESXI server because the boot media was defective and I had to reboot after a water damage.
Everything except this USB stick is backed up, only I didn't write down the **bleep** licence anywhere.

So I have more or less the same problem, my HP server ML10Gen9 is only running ESXI 6.7, which is no longer supported by VMWare as of 15.10.2022.
VMWare can't or won't solve my problem, the licence can't be found in the download history now either.

The only information I got from support is that ESXi 6.7 is no longer supported (which I already knew) and that I should update to V7 (but the hardware is not compatible).

I am totally at a loss. About 40 days ago, they could have helped me.

0 Kudos