VMware Cloud Community
Ruth1
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 6.7.0 Update 3 Windows Server 2016 Login Problem

Hi everybody!

I have problems logging in my  Windows Server 2016, Crtk + Alt  + Insert isn't working, either sending a key. The first suggestion to solve that problem was updating to ESXCI 6.7.0, so I did, but nothing changed. Also I tried to set registry keys to disable login screen, but after each restart, the login screen still appears.  Does anybody have an idea how tog get rid of that problem? I have other client on that ESXI, like WIndows Server 2012 and Windows 10, and there it works without any concern.

Would be so happy if there is a solution....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmrale
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
Ruth1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Radek,

thanks a lot for your answer. I already found these discussion and I tried each on of them. But for me nothing worked, there is noch change at all. The Server is running and on my network clients I can start programs and access my network folders, everything is ok. BUT I cannot login my Server.

Regards,

Phil

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Did you upgrade the VMware Tools after the ESXi host updating? Please try this if you do not ...

And about the problem of not applying "disable login screen" check the group policy via RSOP.msc and also use the domain/local Group Policy instead of doing it via Regedit.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
Ruth1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your message. Yes, I had already updated the VMWare Tools.

I actually see no chance to edit the group policy, but maybe I'm wrong...

0 Kudos