VMware Cloud Community
dbass
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 6.5 web client problem

I have a new install of 6.5 on a Supermicro server.  All seemed to be going well except for only 2 out of 4 of my network interfaces are showing up.  After about an hour of using the web client it just hung up and crashed...sent me to the login page.  I tried to log in, but got an error about too many redirects.  "Too many redirects occurred trying to open "https://x.x.x.x/servererror.php? code=401#login".  I'm using Safari, but same thing with Crome and Firefox.

I was able to get it to come back for a short period by going in the console and restarting all of the management processes, but this didn't last long, and it's definitely not something we can sustain.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Which ESXi build number did you install, i.e. did you install the latest patch, to ensure that your system has the latest drivers as well as the latest Host Client (v1.18) installed?

Did you check if the network adapter is supported out of the box, or whether it requires updated drivers.

André

0 Kudos
dbass
Contributor
Contributor

Build is 4887370, and no I did not check to see if they were supported.  Will install patches now if needed.

0 Kudos