VMware Cloud Community
BNBNC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI 6.5 Help

Hi im very new to Esxi, i have a dedicated server running Esxi 6.5. Im trying to get my VM (Ubuntu Desktop 16.04) to have internet access, ive looked on the web and can't find anything. Every video i've watched everyone has a VM Network, for some reason i don't have a VM network.

Pic 1: https://prnt.sc/kmylfp

Pic 2: https://prnt.sc/kmymem

Please anyone can help me im spending 10 hours a day trying to figure this out but cant Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

If you have a server with esxi 6.5 installed , that should have a network card attached to it .

It should have a storage either local or shared .

Now when you create a VM on this host during the creation you need to assign a nic card to it for network access, did you happen to configure this during VM creation?

Watch this vedio you will understand what I am talking about:

How To Create A VM In ESXi 6.5 - YouTube

Even before creating VM , on esxi server when you connect to it using web client or VI client you are suppose to get network and storage configured which would be used by VM's going forward.

Have you done that ? If not please see below link and get that configured first:

Create a vSphere Standard Switch

So from VM can you ping ESXi ?

If all your configurations are correct based on above document which I have provided then you could check  below which could help  you :

No internet acces on Virtual Machine

Post this if still you have issues, please post the screen shot of your network configuration from esxi .

Also your VM network settings.

regards

Gayathri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

If you have a server with esxi 6.5 installed , that should have a network card attached to it .

It should have a storage either local or shared .

Now when you create a VM on this host during the creation you need to assign a nic card to it for network access, did you happen to configure this during VM creation?

Watch this vedio you will understand what I am talking about:

How To Create A VM In ESXi 6.5 - YouTube

Even before creating VM , on esxi server when you connect to it using web client or VI client you are suppose to get network and storage configured which would be used by VM's going forward.

Have you done that ? If not please see below link and get that configured first:

Create a vSphere Standard Switch

So from VM can you ping ESXi ?

If all your configurations are correct based on above document which I have provided then you could check  below which could help  you :

No internet acces on Virtual Machine

Post this if still you have issues, please post the screen shot of your network configuration from esxi .

Also your VM network settings.

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
BNBNC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, i've tried looking and still cant get it working. Is it ok, could i screen share to you?

0 Kudos