VMware Cloud Community
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 5 guest network problem

good day folks

I faced a big problem when I start an a real environment lab to transferee our infra structure from physical servers  to virtualization solution..

my problem is I cant ping from VM Gusts to Cisco router sub-interface, while I can ping from pc1 and PC 2 to the router sub-interface and ESXI server

PS: when I change the VM Gusts to the same network that belong to ESXI server they working fine and can ping the router sub-interface but the sec network card (External to the Internet ) for the ISA server cant access the router serials to get the Internet connectivity.

so I need to fix the connectivity issue first between the VLANs :smileyangry: and second issue is the external network card for the isa server :smileyconfused:

thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - It sounds like an issue with how you are configured for the vlans either in the virtual standard switch or at the physical switch - can you send a screen shot of the configuration of the virtual switch form the vSphere client -

You mighte als want to take a look at http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-501-networ... fpr background on networking in your vsphere environemnt

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

here is my Vswitch0 summery

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

In the configuration of your VM Port group where your VMs are connected to have you assigned a vlan tag?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

my VMs concocted to default port group called " virtual machine port group " 

Network Label : Vm Netwrk

VLAN ID : 0

Network Adapter : VMNIC0

:smileyplain: is that was what u are asking for ?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Yes - now are you looking to us VLAN tags? if so the proper way is apply the tag at the vSwitch port group - and if your plan is to have multiple vlan tags you will need to make sure the physical is configured appropriately with the ports being set as port trunk groups.

This might help you our - http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=1003806

Harery
Contributor
Contributor

what is the best solution EST or VST or VGT according  to my network  diagram and network equpment

router : Cisco 2821 int gi0/0 >> used for sub-interface encapsulation

switch : Cisco 2691( Layer 2 only )  int gi 0/48 used for trunk  my office vlans

ESXI server with 4 NIC

0 Kudos
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

Any Suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

any help please ?

I tried EST but doesnt work Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Busbar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

you configured your VMs without VLANs, I suggest that you create a VLAN on your switch and tag that PG with the VLAN, this will be the simplest way to do it.

Regards, Mahmoud Magdy Sn. Application Architect. Exchange Server MVP
0 Kudos
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

not work too Smiley Sad destination host ubreachable

0 Kudos
Harery
Contributor
Contributor

guys i need help please

0 Kudos