VMware Cloud Community
VJS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXI 5.5U2 Server Reboot while loading the installation.

I just received my new server and tried loading ESXI 5.5U2 and while the loading screen appears for ESXI it comes to 5% and it just reboots my server.

Server Specs:

S2600WT

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz

Any help would be appreciated.

I've noticed on the compatibility list it shows the S2600WT2 but not the S2600WT also not the E5-2650 only the E5-2600, could this be the case?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VJS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Got it sorted MMIO was my problem, it was ENABLED had to be DISABLED in BIOS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi there,

are you using a customized .iso or the untouched one? Do you have virtualization capabilities enabled in BIOS?

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
VJS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Alistar,

I've downloaded the 5.5U2 ESXI ISO Version from VMWare and the server don't have an CDDRIVE, so i used RUFUS to write the ISO to an FlashDrive to make it bootable.

Also have all virtualization options enabled in BIOS.

I come so far where it loads the modules.. then i get the Yellow / Grey screen and while on initalize and it shows my server specs on the Yellow screen on the top the server just reboots.

0 Kudos
VJS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Got it sorted MMIO was my problem, it was ENABLED had to be DISABLED in BIOS

Alistar
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can you pinpoint to which module the loading gets? Also, you could try going back in time and try older ESXi ISOs (5.5 U1, 5.5GA, 5.1 etc...) and see if one of them boots. Then you can do an upgrade to a newer ESXi Update via VUM. Or you could try attaching an .ISO via remote management console and trying if it boots from there? Although I have used RUFUS-enabled sticks a few times as well and everything ran fine.

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
Colovos
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I ran into the same issue. For me, disabling watchdog fixed it. Just an FYI for anyone else experiencing the same issue where disabling MMIO doesn't work.

0 Kudos