VMware Cloud Community
CelioSoares
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 5.5.0 2068190 with controller hp P600 driver cciss not support LUN great then 2TB

Hello,

I have this problem, one server with ESXI 5.5.0 2068190 with a hp smart array P600 connected to a storage. I have a LUN in the storage with 9TB that is present to the ESXI with 512 kb. I have search and see that the driver is associated to the P600 is cciss and this driver dont permit LUN biggest then 2 TB. I try to load a driver scsi-hpsa but no lucke. the driver is installed, as you can see. When i try to load the module/ drive i receive this error. Any suggestion to solve this and have the LUN with 9TB presented to ESXI

~ # esxcli system module load  --module=scsi-hpsa

unknown module 'scsi-hpsa'

~ # esxcli storage core adapter list

HBA Name  Driver     Link State  UID                 Description

--------  ---------  ----------  ------------------  -----------------------------------------------------------

vmhba0    ata_piix   link-n/a    ide.vmhba0          (0:0:31.1) Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB IDE Controller

vmhba1    cciss      link-n/a    block.cciss/c1d0:0  (0:19:8.0) Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array E200i

vmhba2    cciss      link-n/a    block.cciss/c0d1:0  (0:12:2.0) Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array P600

vmhba32   ata_piix   link-n/a    ide.vmhba32         (0:0:31.1) Intel Corporation 631xESB/632xESB IDE Controller

vmhba33   iscsi_vmk  online      iscsi.vmhba33       iSCSI Software Adapter

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Techie01
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This looks to be known issue . Refer KB 2006942

0 Kudos
CelioSoares
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Thanks for the help. There is a way to put HP smart array P600 loading scsi-hpsa driver instead of cciss?

Best regards

0 Kudos
CelioSoares
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Thanks for the help. There is a way to put HP smart array P600 loading scsi-hpsa driver instead of cciss?

Best regards

0 Kudos