VMware Cloud Community
JPGRILO
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 4 and iSCSI problems.

Hello, i am farly new to ESXI and i am having problem connecting my ESXI (4.0.0 and 4.1.0 versions)  hosts an iSCSI target.

The target are set in a UBUNTU server 10.04 lts.

I have enable the software initiator and added the server to the list "dynamic dicovery targets". After the rescan of the storage adaptersno new connected targets have been found but if i go the adapter properties and Static Discovery targets, the Server and the correct target name is listed. but still i am unable to add this target to storage

Any ideias?

Thank you in advence

João Grilo

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcoem to the Community - WHen you try to add storage are the targets available for formatting as a VMFS datastore? DO you have an exusting file system on these targets?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
JPGRILO
Contributor
Contributor

When i try do add the storage (disk/lun) no disks are availabel, so i cannot add them.

see printscreen in attach.

Best regards

JG

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

displayed in static target list does not mean it's connected, just it's discovered.

You might experience login or connection problem.

Check your log at /var/log/syslog and grep "iscsi", it mgiht unveal some issues there.

I would guess ACL on target side does not allow the initiator to connect.

- Kun

0 Kudos