VMware Cloud Community
Hunter1978
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 4 & HP Insight Manager

Hi all,

I've got ESXI 4 installed onto a couple of DL360 G5 servers and I want to start using HP Insight Manager to monitor them. I know that there is a version of ESXI 4 available from the HP website which has anything required for Insight embedded into it however the version I have installed is the one from the VMWare website.

My question is, is it possible for me to get Insight monitoring the servers using the existing ESXI 4 that's installed or is my only option to rebuild them using the HP version of ESXI 4?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
virtualportal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

You say that you downloaded from the VMware website... Which version did you download? The one incuding the HP Agents or the standard ESXi?

Both the versions from HP and VMware with the Agents Installed should work fine, however you will need to rebuild if you do not have the HP Version installed.

I hope this andswered your question.

----

Regards

Steven Bryen

VMware Certified Professional (VI3.5, vSphere 4)

0 Kudos
jpdicicco
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You should NOT need to rebuild. If you can get to this link, then you will have instructions and the download link for the ESXi bundle that can be ADDED to ESXi to enable the HP CIM providers.

If the link doesn't work, then go to HP's support for your server model and select downloads and drivers. Then click the ESXi 4.0 (or 4.1, you weren't specific) link. In this list, you will find what you need under "Operating System - Enhacements."

Happy virtualizing!

JP

Please consider awarding points to helpful or correct replies.

Happy virtualizing! JP Please consider awarding points to helpful or correct replies.
Hunter1978
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JP, the link works fine thanks so I'll give it a go.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos