VMware Cloud Community
hochi
Contributor
Contributor

ESX4i not recognizing 10 gig NIC

Hi,

I have a question and im sure there is a simple answer...:)

I tried to install ESX4i today on a HP BL460c G7 blade with a 10 gig virtual connect switch and it failed cause it doesnt seem to be able to find the nic, which makes sense as i found out when i tried to install ESX4... that failed too unless i manually added the drivers fo rthe nic, then it worked without problems. So im assuming i have to do the same thing in ESX4i, but where? How do i add extra drivers?

The errors i get are that there is something wrong with lots of CPUs... ie. cpu04: Failed trying trying to get a valid VMKernel...

I dont exactly remember what options i need to turn off but i have turned off/on hyperthreading, Virtualization and VT in BIOS.. same result...

Thanks for the help

Erik

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pdeul
Contributor
Contributor

What version of the install cd are you using the standard ESXi install or the HP customized? I would suggest you try downloading "VMware ESXi 4.1 Update 1 Installable HP Customized ISO Image" and using the specific version to HP. The newest version was released on 4/12/2011 and should have the drivers needed for the 10 gig nics

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/oem_esxi41u1_hp_41u1/ZCV0YnR0cGhiZColcA==#open_source

0 Kudos