VMware Cloud Community
Elefanten
Contributor
Contributor

ESX4 in Workstation , HA does not work

Hello

I am using VMware workstation 6.5.2 and is running 2 ESX4 and 1 Vcenter.

everything seems to work fine.

in Vcenter i have setup a cluster with HA enabled, when i move the servers to the cluster, it begins configuring and stops at 84-86%, after a while it stops and i get error (from Tasks & Events):

Unable to contact a primary HA agent in cluster vorlon in fatso

error

6/8/2009 7:33:00 PM

Administrator

HA agent on 192.168.2.90 in cluster vorlon in fatso has an error : cmd addnode failed

for secondary node: Internal AAM Error - agent could not start.: Unknown HA error

error

Administrator

HA agent on 192.168.2.90 in cluster vorlon in fatso has an error : Cannot complete the

HA configuration

error

Administrator

This is a clean setup, no Domain is used, the vCenter is on a virtual windows xp sp3

• I have deleted everything and tried from scratch, same problem

• Tried to create the cluster without enabling HA, move VM's then enable HA, same problem

is there something to do with hosts file ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EDV-COMPAS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

working dns resolution is required for ha to work properly.

hosts files should also work for ha

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
depping
Leadership
Leadership

DNS probably indeed. setup the host files on the vCente server. should do the trick, if not set them also up on the host

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator | VCP | VCDX

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

Elefanten
Contributor
Contributor

Thnx for anwers, i tried to add em to host file but it still did not work.., im not good with DNS / hosts,

i added some attachments of the hosts file if it can help.

192.168.2.90 is the ESX4 server.

192.168.2.27 is the vCenter server.

0 Kudos
Elefanten
Contributor
Contributor

Solved, added tiger.com tiger in esx host.

0 Kudos