VMware Cloud Community
tomand1
Contributor
Contributor

ESX4.0 and HP DL380 G6 work too slow

I have ESX4.0 and HP DL380 G6 E5504 8CPUx2Ghz 32GB Ram. I have 3 virtual maschine and its work too slow. Performace show low load. Configuration Mashines look ok. What can I do to improvement speed

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Hi,

i´m sorry, but we need more information. What is "slow"?

More information about the harddrive, network setup is helpful to give you a good answer.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
AntonVZhbankov
Immortal
Immortal

1) what do you mean "Slow"? Have you performed any benchmarks or you're referring to slow console response only?

2) Please post VM configuration, and what exactly do you want to run in VMs.

---

MCSA, MCTS Hyper-V, VCP 3/4, VMware vExpert '2009

http://blog.vadmin.ru

EMCCAe, HPE ASE, MCITP: SA+VA, VCP 3/4/5, VMware vExpert XO (14 stars)
VMUG Russia Leader
http://t.me/beerpanda
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Depending on the DL380 G6 model, the RAID controller does not have any cache (or only read cache). Even with SAS disks, you won't be able to get a high performance. Make sure to have at least 512 MB BBWC installed. (see HP Quickspecs for DL380 G6)

In addition to that read KB1018206 - Poor virtual machine application performance on HP hardware

André

0 Kudos
tomand1
Contributor
Contributor

All my virtual maschines works slow in the same moment. Benchmark (performance) show low level use memory, procesor ...less then 50%.

When Host CPU Usage is 3-4 GHz is ok, but always CPU usage is about 1 GHz and then all maschines work too slow (jam). Maschines not want

take power from my serwer. My serwer have 2 processors E5504 (8CPU * 2MHz) and 8 disks 300GB in RAID 5, 32 GB RAM,my 4 virtual maschines:

- 1 maschin - 4 logical procesors, 8GB Ram

- 2 maschines - 2 logical procesors, 4 GB Ram

- 1 maschin - 1 logical procesor, 4GB Ram

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

hi,

i think you Run in Trouble with your hard drive.

So you run high i/o needing Applications?

Check the Array Controller Cache. Postet above.

Maybe there is One of your vm that Need hi i/o

frank

0 Kudos
tomand1
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is not problem with hard drive because I have installed VMware 4 on 2 new servers HP DL380 G6 and problem is on the both. I have installed ESX 4 on the HP DL 380 G5 and there is better. I will check RAID controller cache of course.

0 Kudos