VMware Cloud Community
nds408
Contributor
Contributor

ESX15.1 -Host connection and power State?!

Hello,

I am running ESXi5.1 and have a VM which serves as VCenter. Whenever I try to add a host in Vcenter, I get "Host connection and power State" red alerts soon after adding the host; also, the host with in minutes becomes gray (not responding). I am not sure why its doing this? DNS is not an issue and NTP (time diff is identical on hosts/vcenter). I am lost...please help...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi

it always recommended that keep your vcenter server on physical as you know we are using vcenter server to manager our host and vm and it need high resources....and if by change your host resources goes up and your vcenter hosted in virtual that also gets hang ..in that condition how can you manage host resources while vcenter no accessible

nds408
Contributor
Contributor

That is a valid point, but we dont have the luxuary to have a physical server in the data center at this point; however, we will most likely move the vcenter functionality to a physical server down the line.  That being said, have you seen this time of alerts and do you have any suggestions for culprit?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Actully we are using Vcenter psychically and never get that kind of issue.but still let me check..will get back to you soon..

Yours, Phillips

0 Kudos
nds408
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tomtom901
Commander
Commander

0 Kudos