VMware Cloud Community
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX server get disconnected for 30 seconds & again started working fine in every 15-20 minute interval

Hi Friends,

I've 3 ESX 4 server connected with my vcenter4 datacenter, but from long time I can see that it disconnected (ESX 4 server shows disconnected from datacenter) for 30 seconds & again started working fine,Today I looked into this issue & find the event logs of datacenter & here it is :

Lost network connectivity on virtual switch "vSwitch0". Physical NIC vmnic0 is down. Affected

portgroups:"Service Console", "VM Network", "VM Network", "VM Network", "VM Network".

error

3/13/2010 12:12:31 PM

I was trying to take help from vmware, I got this link from KB:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100951...

For you Information: My ESX 4 server is in dell blade M610 & vcenter is in another hardware.

Please help me in this issue, have anyone encountered with this issue with dell blade Chassis M1000e +M610 blade server ???

Regards,

Rashid Mustafa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I think this is something related to the physical switch on the chassis. Your error message is very clear. I already have some issues with Dell blades and HP ones (with powerconnect).

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Rashid,

do you have access to the blade system and components?

If so please check the logs on the blade center and also to logs for the ethernet switches to make sure the issue is not hardware/firmware based.

Also take a look at the VMware HCL and make sure the firmware for the blade servers is correct, even though I don't think this causes the issue.

André

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I think this is something related to the physical switch on the chassis. Your error message is very clear. I already have some issues with Dell blades and HP ones (with powerconnect).

Marcelo Soares

VMWare Certified Professional 310/410

Virtualization Tech Master

Globant Argentina

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
kish09
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please chekc weather you have done ether channeling on switch side.if yes then check is correct pair of nics are in active -standby group, check the option on vswitch ->properties>edit setting>nic teaming>"route based on ip hash" is selected on load balancing option.

also chek link speed from both the side.some time auto from vswitch side cause prob.make it forcefull.

thnx,

kishan

0 Kudos