VMware Cloud Community
jepoytengco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX Server Trial

Hi, before I tried to explore VMWare's ESXi I tried to ask around and I was informed that there is a free ESXi (BareMetal) which can do vm's (limited number). When I downloaded on the internet basically on VMWare's website I downloaded the latest version which is v6.0 but after successfully installing this, only to found out that there is a 60-days trial and i need to provide or purchase to be able to continue this after 60-days.

Is there really a free veriosn of VMWare which is what they call as BareMetal?

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

When you download the ISO file, do you see this information?

If not log into your Account to see such information.

pastedImage_1.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

Can you download from this link?

Free VMware vSphere Hypervisor, Free Virtualization (ESXi) | VMware India

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
jepoytengco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, i think this is the place where I was directed when I typed in BareMetal. So after seing BareMetal, I was confident that this is free VMWare with limited vm's

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

When you download the ISO file, do you see this information?

If not log into your Account to see such information.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jepoytengco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes I did see that and made a screenshot of it for me to activate at a later time.

Thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
jepoytengco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply, i think I've already activate the unit.

Thanks for the help. Have a great day ahead.

Jeff

0 Kudos