VMware Cloud Community
clockvm
Contributor
Contributor

ESX Hang/Freeze - audit: backlog limit exceeded

Hi Expert,

I have tried to find out what cause this error to my esx host but to no avail, tried google but can't seems to locate anything related to VMware. Has anyone encountered this error before? FYI, as soon as my host getting this error, it hangs.

Appreciate if someone could assist further in this. Thank you,

Junior ESX System Admin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
clockvm
Contributor
Contributor

:: SOLVED ::

0 Kudos
devros69
Contributor
Contributor

how did you solve the problem?

thanks,

-ed

0 Kudos
barthur68
Contributor
Contributor

I'm getting this same error on two CentOS 6.5 servers that I used VMware Converter on to migrate between Clusters. I can't recall if in the Converter process I made any changes to the guest. I may have adjusted to disk layout (thick to thin for example). The guests were shutdown during the conversion, both clusters are ESX 5.1u1, almost identical hardware on both ends. The converter did switch the VM Hardware version from vmx-09 to 8. I had to switch it back. VMware tools was up to date (OSP Version).

When the server hangs, I can ping the server but no SSH or HTTP. I can login to the console, but can't run commands (no command completes, Ctrl+C won't break me out). The hangs happens every 7-14 days. Back end storage appears fine and other guests (Win and CentOS) are fine. I did notice that after a reboot, an NFS mount to another CentOS server hangs for a bit, but eventually come up. I have unmounted and commented out the entry in /etc/fstab to see if the network+NFS is an issue, but I can ping the NFS server during this time. I've added the mount to another server to see if it acts the same (hangs). Otherwise, my only guess is that VMware Converter messed things up.

I'm doing another server move on 6/20, and will not use VMware Converter. I'll try the method of: shutdown guest, SCP the files, then add to inventory.

0 Kudos