VMware Cloud Community
XTREM1337
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX Dont show my new Template

I've Cloned To Template an Host from my ESX Cluster and I named it DRP. When the process was completed, I do not see the new template from my inventory. I did a refresh etc, nothing showing-up. I browsed the datastore where I saved the template and I saw the directory named DRP with the vmx files etc. I've right-clicked on the Template file and I choosed the option Add to inventory. I've try to named it DRP but I can't because the name are already existed. So I took the name DRP_Template and I've got the same error..

So, I deleted the folder directrly from the datastore and I'm tryed to re-create my template. Now I have the error that the name DRP are already exist...

I was using the command vmware-cmd -l and it show only the VM from my inventory, I dont see any DRP.

So my question is, how I can remove the name DRP from my inventory or database, if I dont see it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try deleting the template from the VMs and Templates view. In the Client click Home and then choose VM and Templates.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you are looking in the Virtual Machines and Templates View while in vCenter? Since templates are a feature of vCenter, they won't show up in your ESX(i) inventory if you connect directly to the host with the vSphere Client.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try deleting the template from the VMs and Templates view. In the Client click Home and then choose VM and Templates.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
XTREM1337
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OMG..ok I need a strong coffee...

Thank

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal