VMware Cloud Community
SardarMAkhan
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 7 Hangs

Hi,

we have a strange Problem. Our ESX 6.7 Server USB was dead and we decided to go directly to ESX 7.

After installing ESX 7 and vCenter 7 we noticed that ESX hangs after few days. This happens particularly when Clone Tasks are carried out. None of the commands (Shutdown, Reset, Reboot ...) are carried out by ESX for the Server being Cloned. It says another operation is being carried out. When Tasks for Other VMs are comitted such as neu start or shutdown, it wont work as well. The Server itself is accessible and can be accessed via RDP. But through Management Console (Web Interface) it does not react. Also when Console is accessed via HP ILO and asked to Shut Down\ Restart it takes hours and nothings happen.

SardarMAkhan_0-1634835448032.png

The only way ist to Coldboot or Reset via ILO. The Clone Tasks would work well for upto 5-6 Days and then again you have to restart the ESX by hook or by crook. 

In ILO Health is all green there are no errors. Similarly in vCenter i couldn't find any errors. Maybe i am not looking in the right place.

Skyline is all green but just one Warning "Concurrent-context attack vector vulnerability in Intel processors".

Interestingly when everything is stuck in vCenter, inside the vCenter Appliance Console everything is green. Here again restarting or shutting the vCenter from Appliance interface also does not help.

Server: ProLiant ML350 Gen10
VMware ESXi 7.0.2 Build-17867351 Update 2
iLO Firmware Version 2.42 Apr 05 2021
vCenter Version: 7.0.3 Build: 18700403

I am not expert in this field. My Guess is some problem with storage that comes up after few days.

There are ampel Resources CPUS, RAM, Storage ... 

There are just three VMs a DC an Application server and an vCenter itself. Everyevening old clones are deleted and new are made.

If anybody had this problem or has a solution, i would be grateful if shared.

I thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.

Kind Regards

Khan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Srijithk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is the boot device an SD/USB?

patch to the below build and see if the environment is stable

ESXi 7.0 Update 2cESXi 7.0 Update 2c2021/08/2418426014N/A

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/83963

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
SardarMAkhan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Boot device is USB. I will check with Update and reply.

Kind Regard

Khan

0 Kudos
SardarMAkhan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we had installed the version "VMware-ESXi-7.0.3-18644231-HPE" first. We had the same problem therefore we downgraded to version 7.02 what we have now. So i guess going back to new Version wouldn't help.

Kind Regards

Khan

0 Kudos