VMware Cloud Community
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESX 4 Web Access 503 Error

So I have esx4 up and running main web page is fine and I have downloaded and installed the new vpshere client and I can connect to the server and configure it, no worries so far.

However when I connect to the webpage and click on "Login to web access" it takes me to https://ip-address/ui and I get a 503 Service Unavailable error. This is not an isolated incident as I have done two ESX 4 installs now and both have the same problem.

Any idea anyone?

Brett

0 Kudos
7 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I've experienced that as well, and when you click More Info it doesn't give you any options to neither read the certifications or anything, but try couple click didn't work, so I went to my IE->Tools->Internet Options->Security->Trusted Sites and added the or IP and exit try again it works, your case may varies depends.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
caciolli
Expert
Expert

You must verify if the web access service is running.

service web-Access status

and

Service web-Access start

if not running

0 Kudos
DustinTTaylor
Contributor
Contributor

The service name is 'vmware-webAccess' NOT 'web-Access'.

So it should be:

service vmware-webAccess status

and

service vmware-webAccess start

I had the same issuse. My service was not running. I started it and all seems well so far.

0 Kudos
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This isn't recognised as a service for me.

service web-Access start

web-Access: unrecognized service

0 Kudos
HHNorway
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's a firewall issue on the ESX host, use the vSphere client to connect to the ESX host -- Configuration -- Security Profile -- Properties -- vSphere Web Access.

Then try again

0 Kudos
HHNorway
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's a firewall issue on the ESX host, use the vSphere client to connect to the ESX host -- Configuration -- Security Profile -- Properties -- vSphere Web Access.

Then try again

0 Kudos
brettcarr1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks it works now, have to say I am rather disapointed now that the web access is up and running that vmware have STILL not enabled OSX Firefox users to access vm consoles (IE the plugin still does not work)

Brett

0 Kudos