VMware Cloud Community
jmenear0
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 4.0 servers don't appear under 'VMware ESX Servers'; Dell IT Assistant 8.7 (v6.3)

Hello,

I have a functional IT Assistant 8.7 environment with about 15 ESX 4.0 U1 servers.

SNMP is setup on the ESX servers along with OpenManage Server Administrator v6.2 or v6.3.

The ESX servers correctly send traps to IT Assistant server. Their health also appears correctly in IT Assistant. In IT Assistant each has a correct operating system showing as 'VMware ESX Server'.

The servers show up under 'All Groups->Servers' but they do not show up under 'All Groups->VMware ESX Servers' under IT Assistant->Devices.

Maybe because of this the virtual guests are not correctly showing up under the host.

What can be done to resolve getting the hosts under 'Devices->All Groups->VMware ESX Servers' and the virtual guests showing up under the host? I opened a case with the Dell System Management team, who advised that I had "database corruption". I completely reloaded the server running IT Assistant and reloaded IT Assistant, along with using a new database. No change even though everything is completely reloaded at this point.

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Reply
superman1251
Contributor
Contributor

Any update on this?  i am having the same problem.

0 Kudos