VMware Cloud Community
shaifuls
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 4.0 U2 PSOD on BladeCenter HS22

Hi all,

I new in esx, I have problem with PSOD after installation ESX 4 U2 on IBM Bladecenter HS22, below is print screen of PSOD

If someone have same problem like me or have experience for this problem, plz msg or advice me.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums.

PSOD are usually related to hardware. Help on interpreting PSOD http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1005184

Is the Blade firmware up to date?

I would use the HP diagnostics and memtest. http://memtest.org

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
shaifuls
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank for fast respond, my blade was update new firmware update. but still PSOD

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Like I said PSOD is hardware errors. Use the HP diagnostics (part of SmartStart CD I think). Also run memtest to make sure memory is OK. Make sure memory is installed in correct banks and in the correct order according to HP specs. If you have any NON HP parts try removing them.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... just in case the HP tools don't work, try using the corresponding IBM tools and configuration guidelines Smiley Wink

André

0 Kudos
shaifuls
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank for the advice, I will try, BTW HS22 is IBM BladeCenter, i will check memtest for IBM tools.

Thank DSTAVERT Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry about the HP reference. I have been answering several HP related questions in the past while. Do use the IBM diagnostics. HP won't help much.

Good luck let us know what you find.

0 Kudos
shaifuls
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Memtest successful, no error msg appear,

Any solution ?

0 Kudos
Narkis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you can see the dump file in root partition. the file name looks like vmware-zdum-*.log files under /root. Use the vmkdump command to extract the file. It will give basic information of the crash. Thanks!

shaifuls
Contributor
Contributor

blade already fix, with reinstall esx and update all hardware firmware, tq all Smiley Happy

0 Kudos