VMware Cloud Community
ccesario
Contributor
Contributor

EMULEX LPe11000 - FC 4GB 1 Port PCI-Express 4x

Somebody know if HBA IBM 42C2069 = EMULEX LPe11000, FC 4GB 1 Port PCI-Express 4x FIber Chanel HBA is supported by Esxi/Vsphere 4 ? In emulex site I see that is supported by vsphere, but I dont know if is supported by Esxi/Vsphere 4. In vmware HCL site I dont see this host bus adapter.

thanks

ccesario

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

The driver seems to have been removed from ESXi 4. It looks like it is supported in the full ESX 4 and in ESXi 3.5

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
ccesario
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmmm, any alternative to put in Esxi4 free version ?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I wouldn't rule out the card yet. It is early and drivers will probably get added as testing is completed. Start with ESXi 3.5. Still free. Still works.

If you still need to find a card look through the HCL

Make sure you select ESXi 4.0

0 Kudos
ccesario
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, DSTAVERT

In HCL (esxi4) page I dont see the emulex HBA in compatible list. I only found qlogic.

But in my google searches I found this document that explain the all pci devices "supported" in esxi4

http://www.vm-help.com/esx40i/Hardware_support.php#Emulex

And I found the my specific module.

10df

fc10

10df

fc11

storage

lpfc820.o

LPe11000 4Gb Fibre Channel Host Adapter

But I would like confirm if this reallycompatible...

any idea ?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

The vm-help.com website is community driven. That someone is able to make something function doesn't mean that you will have a trouble free experience. It also means that if you have support options, hardware or software, you may not be covered. If this is a production environment then I would use the HCL as my guide. If this is testing then you can certainly give it a try. If you have a spare server at your disposal it doesn't take more than a few minutes to get esxi installed and configured.

0 Kudos