VMware Cloud Community
cef2lion
Contributor
Contributor

EMC AX4/5 host discovery

We recently upgraded our EMC from Express to Manager. The 4 existing Dell 2950 ESX hosts carried over fine. I'm trying to add two more 2950 ESX host but manger is unable to discovery the host so I can register them. The existing ESX hosts are in a HA cluster and have one more firewall service then the two I'm trying to add. It is the Automated Availability Manager. It isn't listed to enable it. I searched and saw EMC has an agent for ESX. Since our existing 2950s are not running the agent and the EMC Manager can talk with them I perfer not loading the EMC agent. I tried manually adding that missing firewall rule but that didn't help. I removed those rules. It was in/out tcp/udp ports 2050-2250, 8042-8045.

In EMC Manager when I try to add the host with its IP I get an error that it can't be contacted. I manually tried to add manually under connectivity status. No WWNs show and the new button never allows for an ok. I pasted in the WWNs and filled out the host IP. I have double checked my fiber zones and they look ok. I didn't have this kiind of issue when the AX4 was running Express over the updated manager.

Craig

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cef2lion
Contributor
Contributor

Found the answer. Turned out to be a zoning issue after all.

Craig

0 Kudos