VMware Cloud Community
Triplus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Drop down arrows in navigator grayed out and not functioning

Hi all

Past week-end I started playing around with VMWare ESXI for the first time. All is going well, however since yesterday I am running into a weird little issue. As you can see on the picture below, the arrows next to "Virtual machines", "Storage" and "Networking" are grayed out. Clicking them also doesn't seem to be working.

https://imgur.com/84yCEVt

I did set-up Unbound (DNS server) yesterday to give my esxi host a FQDN on my home network. Yesterday I was still able to use the navigator correctly when connecting via the internal IP. Connecting via the internal FQDN broke the navigator. Today I am unable to use the navigator via either IP or FQDN.

(Note that clicking on the lines "Virtual machines", "Storage" and "Networking" still seems to be working and I can use ESXI that way, but I'd prefer to use the full functionality of the navigator again)

Version: 7.0.0 (Build 15843807)

Any idea what is causing this? It sounds weird that a FQDN set-up breaks the navigator, no?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Triplus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured it out with the help of some other people...

The UI only shows the most recent items in the dropdowns on the right. By changing my FQDN it forgot my "recent" items (as I guess this is bound to cookies linked to the IP) making everything empty.

Properly re-opening the VMs/datastores/network components makes them appear again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Triplus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured it out with the help of some other people...

The UI only shows the most recent items in the dropdowns on the right. By changing my FQDN it forgot my "recent" items (as I guess this is bound to cookies linked to the IP) making everything empty.

Properly re-opening the VMs/datastores/network components makes them appear again.

0 Kudos