VMware Cloud Community
buggine
Contributor
Contributor

Drivers for RealTek rtl8125 2.5gb NIC, controller

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has compiled drivers for the new 2.5Gb realtek nic's that are out from last year.   I'd sure love to get this working in ESXi 6.7.  I know there is drivers for the older r8168, 8169.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kopfik
Contributor
Contributor

I do have a working VIB file, but I can not confirm if it is harmless or not.. it is not made by me. But I tested it and it works on my Odroid H2+ with dual RTL8125...

I also had a link with instructions how to compile it yourself but currently can't find it..

EDIT: I saw here somebody reply, but the forum was in read only mode because of maintenance and now, the post disappeard... meanwhile, I found the original post and the original link to a file at pan.baidu:

https://koolshare.cn/thread-185370-1-1.html

I ... 😄 actually don't know if I violate some forum rule or so, when I attach the VIB file here, with the post ... 😄 currently don't want to search for it in rules so I can send PM with a link to OneDrive if needed... I have the file from pan.baidu that is linked to the post with the (chineese?) instructions. Credit to that guy!

PMisch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kopfik,

I could not manage to install ESXi on the eMMC, eMMC arrived today so not so much time for research so far.

Will have a research session this evening, but I am not confident.

best regards

Philipp

0 Kudos