VMware Cloud Community
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Download Patches Portal Error

When I go to the VMware Download Patches Portal to check what patches I need for my Host, I get an error that "No results found for your search criteria."

I searched by Build Number ESXi 5.0.0, 469512.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Does anyone know why ?

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The "Search by Release Name or Build Number or Bulletin Name" allows to search for specific patches only. Since the GA release is not a patch, you won't get any results for it.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
krishnaprasad
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have you selected the option 'ESXi (Embedded and Installable ) from http://www.vmware.com/patchmgr/findPatch.portal ?

0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes I have selected the ESXi 5.0.0 option.

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos
krishnaprasad
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you select ESXi 5.0, it will list all the patches available / compatible for 5.0. all are compatible for ESXI 5.0 469512, "update-from-esxi5.0-5.0_update01" is one among those which is for upgrading from 5.0 to 5.0 Update1.

I dont think you can give the search criteria as the build number as the build number you refer is the 5.0 GA build number.

Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Why can't I specify the GA Build Number ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The "Search by Release Name or Build Number or Bulletin Name" allows to search for specific patches only. Since the GA release is not a patch, you won't get any results for it.

André

0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thank you Andre.

0 Kudos