VMware Cloud Community
ccatano2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Domain migration of ESX4i hosts

Hi All,

I need to migrate our current ESX hosts from 1 domain to another... I know that if I go into the configuration tab of the host within the VI client I can select DNS and  Routing and change the domain there.  Is it as simple as doing this and then performing a reboot...

I know the files to check are

/etc/resolv.cong

/etc/hosts

/etc/sysconfig/network...

But as for the general procedure,  I am going to evacuate the host,  put it into maintenance mode,  select "configuration" tab,  then click on "DNS and Routing" tab and change the domain there...  Has anybody done this before...any suggestions ?

Also,  upon reboot and config file verification on the host,  is there any problem with rejoining the host to the cluster if it is in a different domain than the rest ?  I suspect not, but just wanted to verify with someone who may have done a migration like this before.

Thanks a bunch,

chris

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

looks like a good plan.  As long as DNS is setup properly you shouldn't have any problems with the procedure you outlined.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

looks like a good plan.  As long as DNS is setup properly you shouldn't have any problems with the procedure you outlined.

0 Kudos
ccatano2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Troy,

I appreciate your verification on this.

Chris

0 Kudos