VMware Cloud Community
mahmutduzen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disk latency Hp 380 Gen8

Hi,

Hello there, I have a problem with high disk latency values in the esxi I have installed on the hp dl 380 gen8 server. I was encountering this problem with the isos I downloaded from Vmware's own site. I installed the customized vmware version 7.02 that hp directly recommends. Then the problem persists. The latency goes up to abnormal times like 4000 ms. It is seen that the DAVG value is high when I watch with ESXTOP. Kernel and other parts do not appear to be a problem. It is written in some places that the problem may be related to the raid battery, but when I check my server and ilo, no battery error can be displayed. How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

Following this article, you can show which Firmware and Drvier has your disk controller.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1027206

If you have disk errors in the post, you should perform a surface diagnosis of each disk.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
A first step in these cases is to check all firmware levels of the server. Especially of the disk controller and the disks. It is recommended to update them.

Another step would be to check the version of the driver that the disk controller is using, if it is possible to update it.

Enrique Espinel
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
mahmutduzen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer.

All firmware versions are up to date. In addition to what I wrote above, in the Integrated Management Log section - POST Error: 1729-Slot X Drive Array - Disk Performance Optimization Scan in Progress - RAID 5/6 performance may be higher after completion. I got the warning. And secondly - POST Error: 1716-Slot X Drive Array - Unrecoverable Media Errors Detected on Drives during previous Rebuild or Background Surface Analysis (ARM) scan. Errors will be fixed automatically when the sector(s) are overwritten. I am displaying the error. Other than that, everything else seems to be working fine. The disks appear to be in good health. Raid card and battery condition looks good. Due to the possibility of a system bug, I started the secure erase process to check if there are any errors on the disks. At the same time, I turned off the cache feature for raid. I'll try again when the secure erase process is finished.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

Following this article, you can show which Firmware and Drvier has your disk controller.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1027206

If you have disk errors in the post, you should perform a surface diagnosis of each disk.

Enrique Espinel
0 Kudos
mahmutduzen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello again, I am writing for those who may encounter similar error. My problem was that 2 disks were corrupt. No errors appeared on Ilo. I did a full disk test with hp insight diagnostic and was able to find faulty disks. i replaced them and i can use the system properly. thanks.

0 Kudos