cincinnerdi
Contributor
Contributor

Disconnected: No access to one host from vSphere Client, vCenter or browser

Strange, but one of my two hosts is running its VMs just fine. BUT, about 5am two day ago, it became disconnected from vCenter.

The other host is full accessible, so I don't think it's it related to vCenter.

I tried vSphere Client instead to go directly to the host IP and get "Could Not Connect / v Sphere Client could not connect to the vCenter Server '192.168.15.253'. Details: The server took too long to respond..."

I tried using a browser to the host IP, it just sits there. When I probe the IP, I see that port 80 is open.

I have left the VMs running, and can get to them via RDP. They are fine. I know of no other alternatives but to down the VMs and reboot the host.

Any suggestions? Any commands I can try at the console to try and restart communications??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
prakashraj
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Check this

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
Paul_Lalonde
Commander
Commander

service mgmt-vmware restart

should do the trick. If it continues to become disconnected, check to see if HA fired and moved some of your VMs from one ESX host to another but did not unregister them from the source host properly. vmware-cmd -l will list the VMs registered on that specific host. Look for duplicates across hosts. Use vmware-cmd -s unregister to remove any duplicates.

Paul

cincinnerdi
Contributor
Contributor

and Paul Lalonde

Thanks, your two tips led me to try a variant of this command for this ESXi host (this is the ESXi forum) which is just:

service.pl restart

Then, I returned to vSphere, right clicked on the host and select "Connect."

0 Kudos