VMware Cloud Community
ikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Disable DRS for host in evaluation mode...

Hi,
We are in the process of replacing one of our VMWare hosts.  I always initially use a 60 days evaluation license for new hardware until everything is settled.
Unfortunately somehow DRS had not been disabled for the new host (DRS is supported by the evaluation license).  Unfortunately it is not supported by Essentials Plus, hence I cannot move my new host from evaluation to the vacant Essentials plus sockets due to this.

I have ensured that the cluster has HA and DRS switched off, I have put the new host in maintenance mode and moved it out of the cluster and re-enabled it, but the license manager still states that DRS is enabled on this new host and denies any change of license.

How can I switch DRS off for my host?  I want to get it over to my paid licensing scheme, and I can live without DRS.  I repeat that DRS is switched off in all clusters here.

Thanks for help on this

regards Tor

2 Replies
arathore
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

check the time in ESXi hosts BIOS, some times the time mismatch messes up things,, just a thought ..may work, let me know if that has something to with here Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kermic
Expert
Expert

Could try changing license on your vCenter to the Essl+ one (does not have DRS). And maybe removing the host from vCenter's inventory (maintenance mode - remove from cluster - remove from vCenter) and re-adding back helps. This should re-initialize vpxa config.

Not sure if this would help but maybe it is worth checking if there are any host-to-vm affinity rules configured on your cluster and include the host in question.

...my 2 cents